Friday, November 16, 2012

Good upper body day

Today, I lifted at home for the first time in a few months. Lifting in the cold, and the change of equipment definitely threw me off a little bit, but overall it was a very good day.


Started with C&P bench. Warmups felt good, although it was hard to get into a good position and stay tight cause I'm just used to different stuff. Hit a bunch of warmup reps though, and then went to 190. The 10 x 3 was still pretty easy, and I took the sets without much rest just cause I felt like pushing. On the 10th set, did max paused reps and got 6, which I am pretty happy about. It was a tough set but really solid and awesome.

Next, strict press 5/3/1 went well. Hit 115 x 5, 130 x 5, then 150 x 6, which is a PR and I'm happy about that. It was a good set too, I didn't have another rep in me, BUT it also wasn't a true "Max effort" on that last rep. Which is good. Hit 130 x 9 after (I just BARELY failed 10, made me mad) from a dead stop, and then 115 x 8 or so from a dead stop.

Eric Lillibridge looks fucking awesome in this picture. 

Next, did some pendelay rows with 115. Did 3 x 10. These actually felt awesome. I might start playing with these more.

Next, did just a little more pressing to finish off the triceps - hit 115 for a set of 10 presses, then grabbed  my 25 dumbell and repped that out each arm for a max set.

Finally, grabbed my light straight bar (about 30 lbs), and did a set of 100 curls with it. It was awesome, my biceps exploded. Definitely gonna fool with these more, especially on fridays. Paul Carter and Poundstone, I may be joining your high-rep shenanigans more permanantly.


Overall, a pretty great day considering that conditions were different than I was used to. I'm really pumped to FINALLY be able to lift on a saturday, for the first time in weeks. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment