Thursday, November 22, 2012

THANKS-LIFTING!!!!

Today was a pretty great day



I tried to stay a lot more chill for todays squats. In my warmups, I really worked to push my hips forward. The heavier I get, the more I slip into bad habits, but I was working at it today and it definitely made a difference. The weight was moving solidly. I ended up failing twice, because of mad form - on the second reps of set 3 and set 7. I just re racked the weight, however, rested, and then hit it for a single right after to "finish" the set. Normally I would re-do the whole set, but the weights are getting too heavy for that, and hitting a nice single helped me get my form and confidence back. Overall, it really was not too bad. I need to keep working on pushing those hips forward and rebounding nicely out of that bottom. But I'm really happy with the way this 15 x 2 went.

Next, front squats felt decent. hit 175 x 3, 205 x 3, and finally 225 x 3. Third rep was rough, but I'm pretty happy with 225 for a triple after all the fuckin squats I already did. Front squats also really help me practice pushing my hips forward and sitting straight down. Hit 235 and then 240 for singles after, but failed the second attempt at 240.

Finally, deadlifts kind of defeated me. hit 225, 295, and then went to 355, but I couldn't budge it in 3 attempts. A little disappointing, but this was at the end of a LONG, hard workout, and I made a huge jump which probably didn't help. So No worries really. Next week I'll try it again, and work up with another jump or two in between, and I'm sure I'll be able to get it.


Overall, really happy with this workout. Not easy, but I worked hard and made it. It gives me real hope and excitement for 315 x 15 x 2 next month. That will be, by far, the hardest and heaviest squat workout I have ever done. And I am ready. Time to eat and be thankful for family, friends, my beautiful girlfriend, and all the progress I have made towards my goals. I have years and hundreds of pounds to go, but I am grateful for the time and knowledge I have. Because I KNOW I can reach any goal I want. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment