Tuesday, November 6, 2012

315 Squat

Yesterdays squats were alright.


Started with 5/3/1. Warmups felt awesome. Crushed 250 x 5 and 280 x 3. Went up to 315 and psyched up hard to attack it. First and second reps were smooth and solid, and I thought for sure I had 4 or 5 in me. But unfortunately, I hit a bad rep on the third one, and it was a real struggle to get it up. I managed it, but it took a ton of energy, and the bar shifted back onto my torn skin which hurt like a bitch. I decided to rack it. Honestly, I would have been happy with 3 reps, IF that was all I had in me for that day - I was just angry because I felt like I should have gotten more, but the bad rep really screwed me up. After some rest, I hit it again. I was already fatigued, however, I hit 2 more reps, both with very nice form. Second rep was really tough, but I made it.

Speed deadlifts ere surprisingly good. 305 for 8 singles on the minute moved well, not fast but very smooth. If I can get the speed up even the littlest bit, and pull it from that deep deficit come december, I will know I'm primed to PR on my dead.



Finally, 5 x 5 squats at 245 weren't any problem, although my back skin was killing me. Focused hard on keeping my chest up when descending, and trying to initiate by sitting between my knees instead of pushing my butt back. After the 5th set, hit 295 for an easy single, and then 315 for one more rep, just because I was still angry about the 5/3/1 work.

Finally, did a bunch of decline situps to get an ab pump.

Overall, a solid workout. A little disappointing, but I will try to prove myself this thursday, by keeping my form beautiful and destroying my 10 x 1 at 315, and next month by tightening up form inconsistencies and trying to hit my 1 week harder and better than I did this cycle.


No comments:

Post a Comment