Thursday, November 8, 2012

Back Blood

Really fucking hard day today. but also really solid. And I bled a shitload from my back.



Started with Chaos and Pain squat. I did not feel good today. I was tired and in a bad mood all day, and really not looking forward to lifting. Warming up, that feeling persisted. Just felt a little slow, weights felt heavy, and it wasn't moving very smooth. Hit the bar for 2 sets, then 125 for 2 sets, 205, then 265 x 3. Went straight to 315, and got started. Overall, this was one of the best AND toughest 10 x 1's I have ever done. The reps were a little bit slow, and definitely tough. However, my form was really nice on every single oneThe first 4 or so I was focusing on controlling the weight, and the singles were solid and a little slow. Around rep 5 I started trying to attack it a little more, moving a bit more explosively. the weight moved faster for reps 5, 6 and 7, but still was tough. Rep 8 I rested up for, attacked it really well, and this was definitely the best rep. It moved smoother and faster than all the rest, and I didn't get stuck at a sticking point. After that though, I think my legs were just tired out. Both reps 9 and 10 were nice as far as form goes, but I really had to push hard to get that weight locked out. Overall I'm very happy with the high quality of the reps though. Especially considering this was not the best day, I'm happy with the way I handled the workout.

Front squats were a little worse. hit 180 x 5, 205 x 3, and then 230 for a tough single. Went up to 235, however, and crushed that weight.... then went up to 240 and failed. My technique is still very inconsistent with these, which is a pain in the ass. However, I am definitely getting stronger, there is no denying that. Normally I would have hit this weight again, but I was already tired out and decided to just let that failed rep go. Next time.


Deadlifts actually went surprisingly well. I have been playing with my form almost all workouts, and every tweak seems to be for the better. Today, in addition to the slightly further-away starting position, I played with the way I pulled myself down to initiate the lift. I took a big breath at the top, set my grip while keeping some serious tension in my hamstrings, then pulled my shins to the bar just a tiny bit slower than usual - and as soon as then touched I ripped the weight up. I don't know why this made such a huge difference, but it did. It felt like by slowing it down, I was able to keep my back tighter and keep more tension in my hamstrings, but i didn't slow it down SO much that I lost elastic energy at the start of the pull. Anyways, even after all the squatting I destroyed 205, 255, and 305. Then I went to 345 and it went far better than last week. The first single was fairly fast, and my back was really flat. I then pulled it for 2 more singles, both of which were slower and tougher, but my back was really solid on both of them. I think I am going to take these up to 355 nest week. They are going really well, why not keep pushing.

Well, this picture is fucking amazing

Finally, did 3 x 10 HLR with boots on, and a big set of back extensions to finish it off.

Not much to say. No workouts are gonna be easy from now on. But I focus, work my ass off, don't expect myself to be superhero and at the same time KNOW I can do whatever I set out to do, I will keep growing, progressing, and demolishing the weights. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment