Thursday, October 25, 2012

Sick Day

I was afraid of today. Thursdays tend to be tough, and I was worried that the week off would make this day even more painful. however, it went fucking awesome.



Warmed up the same way I did monday, starting with a pause at the bottom and then gradually mimicking my pause movement, but accelerating into the bottom at the last second and then rocketing up. Felt good. Finally got to my 10 x 3 at 280, and it went awesome. Probably the LEAST number of bad reps in a 10 x 3 that I have done. It really wasn't too tough. Mostly, the bad reps come from one of 3 things. Either I rush the descent, or I dip my chest and get caught forward, or I get caught back a little too much. I just need to be careful to come down slow and controlled at first, and hold off on the acceleration and stretch reflex a little. When I get it right, it's awesome. Gonna keep working on form, but MAN squatting is looking good. Lets keep at it.

Front squats went awesome at well. back was a tad bit soft, but hit 155, 180, and 205 for sets of 5, then hit 225, 235, and finally 245 for a single! I've been chasing that 245 for a while now, it's awesome to finally get it. Hopefully I will keep pushing forward and getting more PR's soon.

Deads went great too. Hit 205 x 3 singles, then 285 x 2. Then, for 335, REALLY focused on squeezing my back tight, and hit it for 3 awesome singles, with a very flat back. That's cool progress. When I started, 315 for a flat back single was really rough. I'm gonna bump this weight to 345 next week. Gonna be tough, but these are doing me GOOD.



Finally, HLR's, 2 sets of 15 and a set of 12, and then a huge set to failure of back extensions, starting with the 25 lb plate. My core is getting stronger too.

Awesome day. I'm so excited for tomorrow. Gonna be a lot of fun. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment