Sunday, October 14, 2012

Final Power

So I didn't have the chance to lift yesterday, and I really wanted to get in one last heavy day before my deload week. So I went in today.

Squatting felt pretty awesome actually. Felt strong. Form was good, not great - still am not consistent with hitting that bottom and rocketing out. Did a bunch of bar work, then 135 moved easy, but a little choppily. 225 was cake. 275 for a double was easy, but choppy, but then I hit a nice single. 315 was slow moving the first rep, so instead of going up I hung out at that weight, hitting it for a total of 5 singles. The last 2 were the nicest as far as form goes, though my muscles started to get tired. I went up to 335, just to take a crack at it - form was good, but I just didn't have the speed or the strength to get through the sticking point. Still, a good day.



Next, strict press went awesome. hit the bar for a few, then 135 x 3. 155 x 1 flew up, but I learned from my mistakes and went to 165 instead of heavier. Crushed that, and THEN went to 175. I was nervous, but ended up nailing the rep - honestly, barely slower than 165. I ALMOST went up again, but then rethought it, instead hitting 175 for 2 more singles. The second two reps were a lot harder, but still solid.

Overall, an amazing final day. PR on my strict press, which makes 20 lbs since this summer. And some solid squat work as well. Now, time to deload and heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment