Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Hard Arms

Today I was in a bad mood. Because it's a deload, I was actually planning on taking this day fully off, but the bad mood prompted me to go in and work my ass off.


Pretty much, I supersetted curls and close grip bench with about a minute - two minutes rest, for 5 sets. Close grip bench feels like shit, it totally fucks up my normal bench setup, but it definitely was hitting my triceps. I did the curls heavier, with more body-language, and today was one of the only times ever that I REALLY got a great pump doing them this way, and felt like I worked hard.

After warming up a ton, did close grip with 135, basically to failure, and curls at differrent weights to failure. Went like this:

12 @ 135, 20 @ 25
8 @ 135, 11 @ 30
9 @ 135, 12 @ 27.5
8 @ 135, 12 @ 25
8 @ 135, 15 @ 25



My arms were pumped like crazy. It was hard work, but fun. I haven't really worked very hard on arms day at all. Normally I just don't feel like working hard, and I don't want to take away from my real workouts. However, I think I need to start pushing this day a bit harder. It still should be a day that I'm okay with skipping or taking it easy on, if I need to... but if I have more days like this, My arms will definitely grow, and I bet that will help my upper body lifts quite a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment