Thursday, October 18, 2012

Deload week: legs 2

Today was aight.



Squats felt good. Teaching myself to sit my ass inbetween my feet and spread my knees, instead of kicking my ass back and dropping my chest. It's not easy or natural yet, but doing it keeps me far more upright and, when I do it right, I catch the stretch reflex really well. Did a bunch of warm - ups with 135, then 10 x 1 at 225, then a few singles at 275.

Next, pause front squats with 135 - 3 x 5. Easy and fun.

Finally, speed deadlifts, 10 x 1 with 225. Still setting up a little farther back, and it feels great.

Can't wait to lift for real. Side note: I think on saturdays, I'm gonna start going a heavy single PAUSE squat, instead of a real squat, with a ton of volume working up to the heavy rep. Reason? I think it will be mentally better for me than constantly "testing" how strong I am once a week. AND pause work has helped every single lift I started doing it for, so why not squat with a pause too? AND I still will be getting under some heavy weight.

More to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment