Thursday, October 4, 2012

Rough Day

Today was just one of those tough days. Nothing came easy today. Still, pushed hard and did well.



Warming up to Chaos & Pain squats, I knew I didn't have the same pop and fluidity that I had on monday. I was trying my best to keep form nice, and I felt okay, but I kept getting a little bit forward, and wasn't hitting the stretch reflex as hard and smooth as the other day. Hit the bar for a bunch, then 125, 205, then 265 x 3, and finally up to 290. I was able to get through all 15 sets without missing a single rep, which was awesome. But it was ROUGH. There were a lot of close calls, a lot of reps where I got caught forward, dropped my chest, my knees caved, etc. For the most part I was able to keep the first rep pretty nice and smooth, but the second reps were just really hard and not pretty. Still, they were all to depth and I didn't miss a single one. Right knee was ACHING though, Not cause I hurt it or anything, just going deep and heavy and it was a stiff day. Hopefully that goes away soon cause it's still aching.



Afterwards, front squatted. 3's at 165 and 185 were easy, and even 205 for a triple was alright. went up to 225, and THAT felt pretty heavy - solid but heavy - so I just stayed there and hit it for another 2 singles.

Next, Deadlifts. Hit 2 at 205, 2 at 285, and then jumped straight to 335. Hit the first single, and it was pretty nice, with only a little back rounding at lockout. Went for a second one and it was a lot rougher, back went pretty round, and I just called it there. No shame in that, It was a really tough day but I fought through.



Finally, did 3 sets of hollow rocks. Didn't do back stuff, figured my back took enough punishment for one day.

Not easy, not pretty, but I pushed through and I think it will definitely pay off and help me progress. Though my legs are KILLING me right now hahaha. Hopefully tomorrow's workout will be more fun, I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment