Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Fuck Hurricane Sandy in the Face

Thank Odin the gym opened today at 2. I was right on the verge of scrapping this week.


Started with 5/3/1 squats. Felt stiff for a bit, but once I warmed up I was feeling goooood. Again, warmed up feeling out the paused position, then smoothing the transition between down and up. The secret still lies in controlling it almost until the last second, then rebounding from that beautiful position. Hit 125 for a few sets, then 185 (my jumps were a little weird today). Then I hit 230 x 3, 265 x 3, and finally 300 x 7. First 5 were great, 6 was hard as fuck, and then 7 was hard and ugly as fuck. But I made them all. So close to my PR too (8). I'm getting stronger for sure. So excited to hit 315 next week now.

Next, speed deads were a little sleepy. 265 x 10 x 1 on the minute wasn't hard, it moved pretty fast, but after the heavy squats I just didn't feel very focused. These lacked intensity. Still not bad.

Louie Simmons, thanks for the idea for speed deads. You look so fucking scary. 

5 x 5 at 245 squats went really well. First few sets were still a little sleepy, but then I focused up and went hard. Form was great, sets were pretty easy, and I psyched up and hit the 5th set for 12 awesome reps. Really worked on that one, and all the reps were really nice.

Finally, finished with some poopy hollow rocks and back extensions.

Overall, hard to focus and be intense today - my brain is a little fried from sitting around. Still, I made today a great day. Excited to bench tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment