Monday, March 12, 2012

Vacation Gym

Well, wouldn't you know, there's a nice shitty little gym right where I'm staying. Who would have guessed? Sure it's nothing too fancy - in fact, it's a big steamy pile of poop. BUT, they have a treadmill to warm up on, a muscle-beach machine where I can do lat pulldowns, cable curls, and even machine bench if I feel like it, and (for whatever reason), one 35-lb dumbbell. Just one.

This is how I feel in that gym. 

Or maybe, like this

But, considering this was going to be a week of pure rest, anything I can get is fine by me.

So here's what I did today. All the machine stuff, I din't pay too much attention to the weights, just moved it up 20 or so pounds every time I decreased reps, and moved it back down every time I increased again.

Lat pulldown: 20 reps, 15 reps, 12 reps, 8 reps, 4 reps.

Machine bench/chest press: 20 reps, 15reps, 12 reps, 8 reps, 4 reps, 5, 6, 7, 8 reps (same weight), 20 reps, 20 reps, 20 reps.

35 lb one arm dumbbell rows: 2 sets of 10 and a set of 20.

Then, I did a short met-con: 10 goblet squats with the 35, 5 strict overhead presses with the 35 (each arm), 5 rounds for time, and got 2:35. It was the first time I'd done a met-con in a longgg time. Then:

3 x 10 cable curls and a quick set of 20 dumbbell curls with some 15's

And to finish it off, a set of 15 strict presses with the 35's for each arm.

Who needs 2?!?! Anyone hoping to do anything productive, that's who. 

It was a stupid workout, but it got the blood flowing and my shit healing. If I can do something stupid like that every day I'm here, I'm sure that I'll feel a hell of a lot better once I get back to my real workouts than if I just sit on my ass the next 4 days. Heal body, heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment