Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Go Fuck Yourself Bench Plateau!

This is me today.

The person on the ground is my fucking Bench Plateau. It's a metaphor, bitch. 

Basically, I fucked shit up today. FINALLY, for the first time in months, I broke a rep PR on my bench. Here's what today looked like:

bar x 2 x 5
75 x 5
95 x 5
115 x 3

Work Sets

135 x 3
155 x 3
175 x 6

The most I've ever hit 175 for is 5, and in recent weeks it's been closer to 3, so I'm fucking happy. And,  I hit those six reps with a less than perfect setup (I rushed it a little cause I was amped up), and without even coming close to failure. Granted, I don't think I could have hit a 7th rep, but the 6th rep wasn't much of a struggle. So, whether it be the MUCH better form, the 5/3/1, or the recent addition of Chaos and Pain on fridays, it looks like I may finally make some progress on my bench. Fuck yeah. 

My 5 x 10 bench was cake. 105 feels like nothing. I threw on the belt on the 5th set as well - the first time I've ever used a belt benching - and hit the last set for an easy 20. I wanted to feel out benching with the belt a little today, because I think I'm going to wear it when I rep out 185 next tuesday. Then, just like with squatting, I'll only use it on my 1 week, for one set, so I don't overuse it but I know how it feels for when I go for maxes/compete. 



5 x 10 bent over rows with 105 were cake. hit 20 on the last set

3 sets to failure of dumbbell overhead press with 35's was great too. Hit 20 on the first set. 

And finally, 5 x 10 lat pulldown with 140 was better than on friday. My pulling strength is finally starting to grow, as are my lats. 

And in addition to all of this, I look bigger and less fat than I ever have today. My diet is still working great, and I would say I'm probably closer to 14% body fat than 15%, after only a week and a half back on the diet. If I focus and continue to eat right the next few weeks, I think I'll be down around 12% by the time I head home for the summer. 

BASICALLY, I'm fucking shit up. Slowly but surely, I'm getting leaner and stronger. If I'm careful and  avoid injury, I'm on the road to some great gains. Lets keep dominating, bitches. 

Hahaha that is just so cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment