Friday, March 23, 2012

Chaos and Pain Benching

Today was my first Chaos and Pain style upper body day. It was insanely hard, but really awesome. I hit 165 for 8 triples, on the minute, and on my 9th triple I failed on the last rep. That SUCKED, but still overall i was really proud of myself. My biggest problem was that I kept hitting the J-hooks as I pressed the weight up, and I think that's a big part of why my triceps were so tired and I failed the last rep. But overall, it felt fucking awesome. I think these workouts are going to help my bench out a lot. Just do the math: I did 7 reps at 165 on tues, and I did 26 today. Pretty awesome.

Jaime approves

Unfortunately, my overhead press suffered from the added bench intensity: I only repped out 125 (my top set today) for 6. But in the end, bench is my priority, so I'm willing to give this a try.

Next up was bent over rows at 145. I'm going to keep pushing these up by at least 10 pounds a month. The heavier the better. I got ten on the last set of my 5 x 5

Dumbell benching gave me a nice pump, but was tougher than usual, again probably because i was tired. I got 14 on the first set to failure with the 55's.

And finally, Lat pulldowns were baller, 145 felt good. I had to use a lot of body english and heaving by the end of the last set, but sets 1-3 (of ten reps) were very nice, and only on 4 and 5 did I use any body language. I'm excited that my lat strength is increasing, I can't wait to do real, good sets of pullups.

Forgive any spelling errors on this post; I'm a little drunk today. Day drinking in the sun FTW. Doesn't fuck up ketosis or mess with my hormones if I do it this early in the day! Awesome.


Whiskey. Like a real man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment