Wednesday, March 21, 2012

First Arms Day

Over the past six weeks, I've been doing preacher curls and pushups on my rest days, to start to get me used to a little more volume and help rehab my elbows. For the next six weeks, I'm going to turn Wednesdays into relatively light arm days, and Saturdays into "Strongman" days, where I go heavy on one lift I wouldn't normally do (from overhead squats to full zerchers). The plan is to begin integrating these extra workouts over the next six weeks, and then by the time I'm home for summer i will have full-fledged Arm and Strongman days on Wed and Sat.

Today I did a quick warmup, then put some 25's on an easy curl bar and did some super-setted close grip benching and curling. After three sets of that, I did three sets to failure Skullcrushers with a 45 lb Barbell, and then some preacher curls to finish of my biceps and help rehab those elbows.

Pump mothafuckas. 

Basically, my goal today was to just get a nice pump - get into the gym, and move some light weight around for a lot of reps, with minimal rest. In the end, i don't really want to push to hard, because I'm not trying to take anything away from my more important exercises. Rather, I'm just trying to get my blood pumping and my body healing, to have some fun, and to maybe make some slight bodybuilding gains among my powerlifting training.

Even though Arms is fun though... What I'm really looking forward to is going heavy on a weird lift Saturday. Stay tuned bitches.


No comments:

Post a Comment