Thursday, March 1, 2012

Powerstrong

Today was speed squat day. And this is how I felt


The speedwork (at 175) flew by. Then it was time for heavy squats at my working 1RM for the month (265). I hit 185 x 2, 225 x 2, then 265 x 2. The second rep was shitty - I let myself come too far forward, and it was a lot harder because of that. But then, I threw on the belt, and was able to bang out six solid reps at 265. That's a pretty crazy number, seeing as how the most I've EVER squatted is 275, and my 6RM a few months ago was probably around 215. Here's the video. Fuck the kid who walks in front of the camera at the very end.


After that, I had 5 x 5 front squats at 150, with 90 seconds rest. that was solid, and I went for max reps on the last set and pushed out 12 - about 8 of them were nice, and the last four were just bad-form-quad-murder. FUN. And I ended with a plank, just to make my abs cry. 

Anyways, it was a good fucking day. I love you, squatting. Tell benching I say fuck you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment