Sunday, March 4, 2012

Eu - fucking -reka?

So I might have had a benching break-though today. I was in the gym, stretching and curling and other shit, when my lazy ass decided to lay down on a bench. I started playing around with different foot positions, and discovered one that felt fucking amazing. Normally, I bench with my feet out far and wide, and it never quite felt good, but today I brought my feet way far back, keeping my heels on the ground, and worked myself into a really tight arch. I banged out a few reps at 95, a few at 135, then jumped straight to 185 and hit it for 3. Seeing as how last bench day, I only hit 170 for 4, I would say this is a clear fucking improvement.

Ow

Problem is, I also widened my grip significantly today... which might have been at least part of the reason for the improvement. And ideally, as I said before, I would love to keep my grip closer. Its just better for my shoulders and for my tricep strength.

SO, bottom line is I still have some feeling out to do, but I COULD finally be on the road to not fucking sucking so bad at benching. Tuesday is 180 for reps, so I'm going to try a more moderate grip and see how it goes.

I'll keep you fucks posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment