Monday, September 16, 2013

Squat PR: 405 x 1

Great day today. Hit the long awaited 405/4 plate squat. A couple months late, but hey I can't complain.



So I really did a great job recovering this weekend. I did go out, drink, and could have slept more, but I took it real easy thursday and friday for training, ate like a motherfucker, relaxed, slept, and made sure to stretch/move/mobilize so I would heal up. And this morning, I was feeling the best I have in over a week. Took most of the morning to prepare myself, mentally and physically, getting war, stretching out bit by bit. Got to the gym and hit a great warmup, really getting myself loose, limber, moving easily. Then, got started squatting. Hit the bar x 10 with speed and precision, then 135 x 5. 225 x 3 felt a little shitty - idk why, but 225 always seems to feel a little crappy. However, 315 was spot on, down and up, not hard. So, I loaded up 365. Here, I fucked up haha. I don;t know why, but it was  terribly rep. I got way forward, and the rep was harder than it should have been. I could have gotten disheartened, but heres the thing - it was STILL an easy squat, despite being shitty. My buddies and I talked, and I decided to load up 385. I focused, kept this rep exactly like 135, and hit it REALLY smoothly, about twice as fast and smooth as last monday. So, I loaded 405 up, rested, got my head on straight, and went for it. It was heavy, but I kept form good, moved fast, and stuck with it, and I made the rep. Really proud of this squat, and really excited for the future! Clearly, I am on my way up. I just need to balance pushing really hard and recovering properly, and I think I will be seeing a LOT more PR's in the near future. Here's the video.



Finally, banged out some light and easy deficit deadlifts, to just get in a little back and grip work before calling it a day. from about a 4 inch deficit, hit 125 x 12, 205 x 15, and 125 x 15, all double overhand. Not even close to tough.

So, feeling great! I am on the right track, getting stronger, and figuring out how to make this ME/DE split work best for me. Now, some fun is just on the horizon - max deadlift next monday, my reward for this squat! Can't wait. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment