Saturday, September 21, 2013

Bench 185 x 12

Nice simple day yesterday. Felt pretty good, focused on moving weight fast and with good form. Definitely left some in the tank, which is a really good thing.



Started with a nice warmup, then bench. Hit the bar x 12, 75, 105, 135, 165 and finally 185 x 12 all with ease, with a pause on the final rep of each. Felt like I could have hit the 185 for at least 15 today, so that is good.

Next, grabbed some dumbells and did some pec flyes. I was really feeling these, getting a great stretch and a great contraction. Hit 7.5, 10, 12.5 all for 15, then the 15's for 3 sets of 15. Definitely have quite the sore chest from these today.

Next up, lat pulldowns. Kept the weight at 100 and did 5 sets of 20. Didn't feel quite as good as the cable rowing, but still felt it a good bit.

Finally, really didn't feel like doing bar stars, so instead I just did a bunch of random grip work. This included - picking up 135 barbell with a snatch grip and holding for time, farmers walking a sets of 45 lb plates around, picking up a 185 barbell double overhand and holding for time, some plate pinches, and farmers walking some 80 lb dumbells around.

So anyways, not a crazy day. But I feel good, feel strong, feel like I am doing the right thing by taking the second half of the week a little easier. Now all I gotta do is rest, eat, and stretch this weekend, and I think I am gonna be moving some big weight on monday. We will see. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment