Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Bench 240 for 2 x 2

Pretty interesting day today.

Gonna keep it brief. For reasons out of my control, didn't sleep well at all last night. At the gym today, felt alright warming up. Hit the bar for a slew, 95, 135, 185, then jumped to 225 x 3, and while it wasn't cake it felt good. Went to 245 and hit it for a solid but tough double, then attempted a third rep and, despite fighting for it for a few good seconds, failed. Re-Racked and took the weight again, hitting a very hard double.

NExt, dropped to 185 and tried to hit it for 5 x 8, close grip feet up, but my elbows were KILLING me and I just generally felt like a big sack of shit. Did a set of 8, and set of 7 and a set of 5 before calling it.

Next, lat pullover machine for 3 hard sets

Next, dumbell bench - 50 x 15, 60 x 12, and 70 x 6 or so.

Finally, bar starz. No pulling, just monkeybarring today, to save the elbows.

Overall, feel terrible. Idk if I am sick, or just overtired, or a bit over-trained. Either way, I am thinking about perhaps REALLY keeping the weight easy on thursday and friday, focusing on technique and speed, and trying to get myself feeling better. That is, after all, the point of this style of training - to ride the good days, and allow myself some slack on the bad. Not sure exactly how I'm gonna handle the next few workouts, but we will think about it and see. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment