Thursday, September 5, 2013

Squat 315 x 10

Today's workout was pretty funny. Basically it went like this - incredibly minimal and inconsequential warmup. Huge PR. Incredibly minimal and inconsequential assistance work haha. But hey, I'll take it.

Started with squats. I was running short on patience and high on hate today. Did the best, most thorough warmup I could, before getting started on squats. I was feeling okay, not great but what I lacked in smoothness I made up for in anger haha. Hit the bar x 10, 135 x 5, and 225 x 3, and besides some reps being forward and my lower back being a little tweaky, they were okay. So, I loaded up 315, rested, boiled over with hate, belted up, and took it. It went really well. I kept my focus on speed into the hole, and it went great. Fast down = fast up for me, and just like monday I felt super fast, smooth and powerful. I honestly barely remember the set. I remember it took a lot of balls to keep at it those last few reps, and on rep ten I was having an insanely hard time breathing haha. But I kept my head, focused on SPEED SPEED SPEED, and smashed rep 10. Really happy with that, it's been a long time coming.

Next, literally didn't know what to do lol so I did some front squats. Hit 135 for a few, 185, 225, then jumped straight to 275 with the belt and hit it for a single, tough but solid. Went up to 305 after, and unfortunately missed it. It wasn't a bad attempt, but I just didn't have it. However, couldn't really be too bummed after that 10rm.

Finally, did 4 sets of 15 back extensions with a 25 lb plate. Got a nice lower back and butt pump.

So a little bit of a strange lift haha because I feel like I didn't do much. But I did one, big, awesome thing. Focused hard and smashed a PR, 10 reps which are gonna build some serious muscle haha. I can definitely hit 405 VERY soon, it's just a matter of getting my mind right and feeling good on the day. Can't wait. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment