Monday, June 10, 2013

Squat 315 x 3

Good legs day today! started off slow, but overall it was kickass. 

Tryna get some BIG ASS legs 

Felt pretty sluggish at the start of my workout. Perhaps it was because I woke up late, so I started lifting only about a half hour after I work up, but I was just feeling very slow, creaky, my lower back didn't feel good, etc etc. However, I think it was also party attitude - even though these squats are easy for me, I still think of it as "heavy squats," and mentally I think I need to OWN the weight a little more - unrack and squat it knowing that this weight is cake. Anyways, took a nice long warmup, then got started squatting - bar x 10, 135 x 5, 205 x 4, then 245 x 3, 280 x 3, and finally 315 x 3. Again, wasn't cake but it was pretty easy, despite the second rep being a little off balance forward. 

Next, started up my timer and dropped the weight back to 280. Hit that for a paused double, which felt solid - I think I might have had another rep in me - then, on the 3 mins, hit 245 for a set of 4. Felt a little tough, it's easy to let my ass sink back and my chest drop on these. Gotta fight to keep upright. Still, I feel improved since last week. 

Next up, speed deads were killer. Although my lower back didn't feel great, I am definitely getting the hang of the setup with the hook grip. It's a little slower and more precise, but I am getting better and better at still ripping it off the floor. 295 was flying up on almost all of my 10 reps today. A couple were still a tiny bit out of position, some a little back and others a little forward, but I think simply more practice is going to fix that and I am going to be pulling big weight with serious speed in no time. 


Finally, loaded up 175 for snatch grip deads - 5 x 9 on the 2 mins. This kicked my ass. Can't say enough how much I love snatch deads. They smash my quads and my back. I honestly might even like doing them this way more than I like going heavy with them. they hurt, but it is awesome to really feel my quads and my back getting pumped. 

Overall, great workout. I'm having fun and working hard. Need to keep my attitude right, and really treat the lighter squats/bench/press like it's easy - cause it is. Other than that, I think I am really on the right track. Going to improve form, speed, strength, and muscle mass, all while loosing fat. Lets keep at it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment