Saturday, June 22, 2013

Arms 2

Good day today


url.jpg


Started with a nice little hike to get in my super low impact cardio haha. Then, started with a nice long warmup and close grip bench. Felt great today - I was setting up a little higher on the bench than normal, and unracking felt super easy and light. Hit the bar, then 95, then 135 for a few, all of which felt like a joke. Went to 165 x 5 which actually felt a little tough, but still very solid. Next, hit 185 x 3, and finally 205 for a tough but solid 3. After hitting a heavy triple, went down to 155 and hit it for 3 sets - 8, 8, and finally 12. All of that was on the 3 minutes.

Next, heavy curls. Put 25's on the curl bar and hit it for 3 sets of very controlled, mind-muscle type curls on the 2 mins. I was shooting for 3 x 15, but got 15, 13, and 12.

Finally, used the cable system on my rack for the first time in forever. Loaded up 25's on each side, and did a metcon of 10 curls, 12 tricep pushdowns for 3 rounds. The curls were crazy hard, and the pushdowns got pretty damn tough by the end. My arms were blown up.

So, fun little workout! For closegrip and incline bench, I think I am going to keep the pattern of "work up to a heavy ______" then drop back 30-50 lbs and do some sets. It was definitely good to play with the cables, I need to start integrating those into my workouts more. I'm looking good also! Weighed in this morning at 222.5, which (even if the scale is 2 or so lbs heavy, which I'm pretty sure it is), is 2.5 lbs less than the last time I weighed in. Starting to feel good about the way I look, and having some stronger workouts too. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment