Thursday, June 20, 2013

Squat 165 x 25

Awesome day today


Started with high rep squats. Warmed up for a long time, then got to it. Instead of starting with the bar, I just started with 95 lbs, and hit it for a quick set of 10 or so, including some paused reps and stuff. Then, loaded up 165 and tried to get focused and intense. Set went really well - I would say the reps were a little sloppy, which isn't much of a surprise. And the set hurt like a bitch, but overall it was really not very hard. Nasty leg pump though.

Rested a good bit, then started front squats on the 2 minutes. Hit 205 x 3, then 225 x 2, and finally 245 x 3 sets of 1. They were pretty solid, fast and easy considering they were after all those squats. Just need to focus on keeping my elbows up and being fast out of the hole - that stuff is tough without much warmup, so I need to focus extra hard on it.


Finally, put 245 on the ground and started hitting it for deads on the 2 minutes. Hit 245 x 3, then 315 x 1, and then right to 375. Went really well. First rep was a little bit slow and tough, but as the sets went on I focused as hard as I could, tried to get psyched up before each rep, and they got easier and easier as the sets went on. The 5th rep, I really went all out on - felt like I used a lot of back, but that rep FLEW up, moved like it was a fast 315. Which is awesome. I really think I'm on to something with this heavy speed work. The more I focus and bring up the intensity, the easier and faster they move - AND even the slow reps, there was no chance of me failing or anything. I am going to keep crushing deads on this day, right up till 415. If I can move that for 8 singles with any kind of speed, that would be AWESOME. Can't wait.

So, great day. High rep squats hurt, but I am killing them. Need to focus on keeping form a little better, but I think these are gonna increase my leg size, strength, and work capacity a ton. Front squats are great, and deadlifts are so much fun, can't wait for them to keep getting heavier. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment