Saturday, June 15, 2013

Arms 2

Good day today. Revealed a weakness.


Started with a nice slow hike to get myself used to dedicating some time to cardio on this day. Then, I moved on to Incline bench. Man I suck at incline bench. Started with the bar, then 75 x 15, 95 x 12, 115 x 10, then 135 x 8 (not easy) and finally 155 x 5, which then turned into a drop set back to 95. That's pretty pathetic. I can overhead press that weight for, like, 3 reps more than that. Considering that many big benchers utilize incline a LOT, I think it is important to note how bad I am at it. And start to work on fixing it. I think I am basically going to incline twice as much as close grip, so instead of alternating the two on wed/sat, I will go incline - incline - close - incline - incline - close, etc. Hopefully, If I can put 10, 15, 20 lbs on my incline, it will have great carryover to my bench. We will see.

Next, did something similar with my curls. Working up, hit the bar x 15, 1 10lb plate x 12, 2 x 10, then 3 x max, 2 x max, and 1 x max.

Finally, a little metcon of 10 pushups, 15 curls with 1 plate, and 15 skullcrushers for 3 rounds. Chest felt like it was exploding cause of a big knot in my right pec, and the weight was a little too light. But overall, got a good pump.

It was a great little day. I'm really starting to look big because of the leanness. Having fun getting into shape. Plus, my mind is going wild with plans for next semester. Can't wait. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment