Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Arms 1

Great workout today!


First of all, felt less soft and shitty today, which is good! Warmed up and started with a run, which went really well - 12 minutes felt easier than last week, and I went about 100 yards further, so that's great.

Next up, started with incline bench, on the 3 minutes. Went a little lighter for reps today - I'm planning on alternating heavy and light days with this, to really try and improve. Anyways, hit the bar, then 95 x 8, and finally 135 x 5 x 8. This was tough, but also very solid, and re-enforces my theory that I am learning to grind through reps - every set felt hard and slow around rep 6, but every set I pushed through and got 6, and 8. So perhaps not FEELING good on bench days really isn't a bad thing.

Next up, curls - went a little heavier on these than normal, and it felt good! threw 25's on each side, and hit it for 5 x 10 on the 2 minutes, really strict and with a focus on squeezing the biceps.

Finally, did a metcon - 10/10 curls and skullcrushers with the 25's for 3 rounds. The curls got really tough and I had to cheat a lot, and my triceps were DONE by the end pf the skullcrushers. But it was  a great workout, arms looked big by the end, and it was fun.

So, that's that.  Gonna try and stay a little stricter on myself with diet (i.e. eating less and keeping carbs healthy/low) to keep the weight coming off. Other than that, just gonna keep at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment