Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Arms 1

Rough day today. Looked shitty and fat this morning, and workout was tough as well. But that's okay, I felt and looked great yesterday so what can you do.


Started with a warmup, then a run. My first 15 minute run! went well. Changed my route so I have a good number of hills in there now - man they are tough. But overall, the run wasn't bad at all! Tried to pace myself today, but I ran maybe... a mile and a half in the 15 minutes, but that is including hills and shit, and I would say my perceived exertion was at maybe a 6 or 7. So not bad.

Afterwards, headed to the garage and did some incline bench. This did not go great. Hit the bar, 95, and 135 for warmups, then wanted to work up to a heavy 4 - I was hoping to get a solid/easy 165 x 4. Instead, hit 155 for an ok 4 then 165 for a good 3, but failed the 4th. Then I dropped back to 135 and hit it for 6, 6, and then 11. All that on the 3 minutes. Just a little bit of a let-down.  I have a long way to go with incline.

Next, loaded up 2 tens on the curl bar and hit it for 5 x 10 on the minute, squeezing my biceps hard. Felt good.

Finally, loaded up the cable system with 2 tens each side and hit it for 10 curls, 15 pushdowns, 4 rounds. Curls were tough, but for whatever reason I didn't get a very good pump. Blew my triceps up though.

So, not a BAD day, just not great. But that's okay, it happens. Gonna keep on myself with this diet, and try and have fun tomorrow! 185 x 25 squats will certainly be interesting, and I'm excited to go hard on my deadlifts! Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment