Friday, March 1, 2013

Bench 205 x 15 x 2, Strict press 160 x 6

Today was a pretty good day. I slept like a motherfucker hoping I would feel better than yesterday, and I truly did.
Oldjacked

Started with bench. Although I haven't made the change yet to my new bench training, I tried to sort of bench today as IF I was going to be repping the weight out for bigger sets - basically, instead of being so meticulous about moving the weight as fast an mechanically as possible, I tried to move it consistently. In my mind, I basically was thinking I wanted to use my muscles, rather than using momentum and technique. I know that sounds bizarre - I definitely wasn't intentionally benching shittily. I was just trying to bench in a way that is really going to help build my strength, rather than test it I guess. Anyways, it went really well. Not hard at all. A couple reps weren't easy, but there was never a near miss, and the harder reps were a result of me working very fast.

Strict press takes the prize again. I hit the bar, 95, then 125 x 3, 145 x 3, and 160 x a very nice 6. Idk if I would have had 7, but the 6 wasn't that hard, and that is a PR. Very cool. After, I dropped back and hit 145 x 8 pretty nicely, and then 125 x 8.

For rows, I did 3 x 20 at 135 in the smith machine. I actually liked these a lot. I really felt like I was using my back, and it took a lot of discomfort out of the movement.


Didn't really want to do any special pressing (I had olympic lifting on the brain, and couldn't think about anything else), so I just strict pressed up sort of heavy. Hit 135 x 6, 155 x 3, 175 x 1, and then 185 for a tough but very solid single. Pretty good considering all the pressing I had already done.

Finally, did a set of 20 and then a set of 5 kipped pullups.


I'm close to the end! So happy today was better. And I am DYING to olympic lift tomorrow. Knowing how much room I have to grow, I think I may push for new PR's tomorrow, if I am feeling okay. We will see. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment