Friday, March 15, 2013

Olympic lifting: Clean 245

Today was only my second time doing both snatch and clean and jerk in one session. Felt a LOT better today, although form was definitely a little off, especially on snatch - probably because it has been a while since I oly lifted. Either way, a fun and productive day.

Started with snatch. Warmed up a ton, then started right away snatching at 85lbs. I just didn't feel like BSing today. Nailed that weight for a bunch, then started to work up, until I missed 175 twice and made it on the third. Although my arm bend is getting better, AND I am keeping the bar closer so I'm not destroying my upper dick area, I need to work on keeping my chest up and pulling under, putting the bar in good position. I think a million snatches from the high hang are in order next time.

Cleans felt WAY better. Hit 125 for a small slew, then worked up, hitting 145, 165, 185 x 1, then 205, 225, and finally 245. Clean was great on 245. Front squat was tough, and I failed the jerk. Maybe I would have gotten it on a second attempt, but I decided not to take it again. I need to learn to split jerk, so that will be next on the agenda. Here's the vid.


Anyways, fun day, feel good. Gonna rest the rest of the weekend, and get back at it on monday! can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment