Thursday, February 28, 2013

Horrible day

Today (yesterday) was horrible.

Started with squats. Because I got 315 for 5 x 4 last week, I decided to take it a little easier this week, starting at 275 and maybe going up as heavy as 325 if I felt good. But I felt horrible. Maybe it was cause I didn't sleep well, or I had a little bug, or I am nearing the end of this cycle and am in need of the rest week. Either way, I warmed up a ton, hit 135 for a few sets and 225 x 8, then went to 275 and that shit felt HEAVY. Form was good and everything, but it was just HARD. hit it for 1, 2, 3 sets of 4, then I felt optimistic so I went up to 305. Got it for 4 but it was REALLY bad. Again, form was good, save for breakdown just due to how fuckin heavy the weight felt. Went back to 275 and hit that for the final set of 4.

After the squats, I was hurting pretty bad, but I wanted to at least make it through te front squats. While they weren't easy, the good thing is my weakness with front squats is always form, not strength, so I made it through. Hit 185 x 2, 210 x 2, and then 235 x three sets of 2. Pretty solid.

Finally, put 225 on the ground, pulled it for 1 rep, and said fuck it. I felt horrible and weak, so I just cut my losses an got out of there.

So, it was a terrible day. Not sure exactly why, but I slept as much as I could last night, and with any luck I will feel WAY better with today's workout. We will see I suppose. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment