Monday, March 11, 2013

Recovery workout: Legs

So, took the whole weekend off. Today was my first day in the gym in 2 days, and I felt pretty good. A little stiff, some tightness in my back, but overall I moved really well. And I feel like my testosterone is skyrocketing because I want to fight everyone haha.


Anyways, took it pretty easy today. Warmed up really well, did a little bit of stretching. Front squatted the bar for a set of 10 or so, then threw on 135 and hit it for about 3 sets of 8. I did about half of those reps with really nice, strict form, and the other half I played with... did some with a short pause, some with a long pause, some wider and some narrower, some "rapid fire" with no pause at the top. It's annoying to move light weight cause it's no fun, so it actually feels a little harder than heavy weight haha. But 135 is no problem at all.

Finally, threw it on the ground and did 3 sets of 5 snatch grip deadlifts. First 2 felt meh, but then on the third set I sort of did 5 singles instead, and that felt great. My big nasty thumb callous just ripped off, however. Hopefully that will not affect my dead, but in the end I'll just do the best I can and whatever will be will be.

So nothing exciting. Tomorrow will be much the same, only with bench/press. Then wednesday should hopefully be a blast. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment