Monday, March 25, 2013

Squat 325 x 6

Had a surprisingly good workout today. Felt really creaky today, and I was DYING sitting in class waiting to lift. But, even though I took a long time getting warm, had a pretty good day once I got moving



Started with 5/3/1 squats. Warmed up nice, put the shoes on. Hit the bar for 2 sets of 10, then 125 for a set of 10 and a set of 5. Then went to 205 and hit it for 8 reps, which were a bit wonky but helped me work out some of my timing issues and creakiness. Then, up to 250 x 3 and 290 x 3. 250 was a little creaky, my back was tired out and not quite warm. But 290 was better. Loaded up 325, and took a hold of it calmly and focusing on each rep alone. I planned on only hitting 3-5 reps today (since last week was very tough), but the weight was moving really well. I hit 5 so easy that I went for a 6th, and although it was a lot slower and tougher than 5, my form stayed really nice and it was still a VERY solid rep - may have had a 7th if I felt like it. but 6 is really great, I'm quite happy with that.

Next, threw 315 on the ground and started doing speed deadlifts, working on the fast setup. The first rep was a little shitty, I kind of jerked my back which didn't feel very good. I don't know if I was a little loose, or my back was just a little tired, stiff, whatever today from OLY lifting, and going STRAIGHT to 315 was a little much. Either way, I tightened up right away, and although it took me another rep or two to really get in the groove, overall the pulls were really fast and smooth. I need to keep working out the kinks with this setup, but hopefully 335 will be really fun next week.

Finally, snatch grip deadlifts were fun and easy on everything except my hands, which are really taking a beating from these sets of 8. I hit 125, 125, 165, 205, and finally 245 for easy sets of 8. Next week, I'll go 265, and then I can be DONE with the high rep snatch deads haha.

Finally, banged out a set of 40 crunches for abs

Overall, pretty awesome day. Squat continues to grow without me massacring myself. I just need to keep my head straight, have fun, and be very smart with when I push and when I back off, and I think I will continue to make some great progress. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment