Monday, March 18, 2013

Great First Squat Day Back: 305 x 10

Had a great first squat day back today! I was feeling stiff in the morning and unsure how it was going to go, but I warmed up nice and easy and kicked some serious ass.


Started with 5/3/1 squat. Warmed up nice and well, felt pretty good. Hit the bar for 2 sets of 10, and felt really good so I threw on my brand new 55 lb bumpers (155) and hit that for a set of 10 and then a set of 7. It was feeling killer, so I went straight up to 235 and nailed that for 5, then 275 for a great 5. Then I loaded up to 305, and focused on just hitting a beautiful single, one rep at a time, and I nailed it for a set of 10, which is a nice PR! The form was really good on all of them, and I am VERY happy with that set. Definitely wasn't planning on pushing it that hard, but I just felt awesome and took advantage of it.

Speed deadlifts were FLYING up today. I'm back down to the floor (no deficit), and I hit 295 for 12 singles on the minute. Weight was moving REALLY fast and smooth. I was playing with different levels of tightness throughout - first couple reps were a little too lose, then the middle 3 or so were a little too tense and slow. But by the second 6 I found a good mixture, and I was ripping that 295.

Finally, did 5 sets of 8 snatch grip deads. A little rough on the hands, but I taped my thumbs and Just stuck it out. I think the volume is going to be REALLY good for me. I did 2 x 8 at 155, then 2 x 8 at 205, and finally 8 reps at 225. Nothing too hard but a lot of quality reps.


So, kickass day back. Still a little stiff, my right hip is acting up, but overall feeling great. I'm excited for tomorrow, and for the rest of the week. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment