Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Recovery workout: upper body

Again nothing crazy today. Just some basic shit. Overall I'm feeling really good. tight and stiff, from lack of heavy lifting (I feel like my whole body is just a big scab from all the healing I am doing.) Plus, I didn't sleep great last night so I felt extra shitty. But I think I will be in great shape to lift tomorrow.


Started with a nice warmup, then benched the bar and finally hit 95 x 3 sets of probably 12-15. Felt nice to move. I am still playing with my setup - some days I prefer to "wind up" a little less, and other days I just don't feel tight enough until I am crammed into a tight ass arch. But either way, weight was moving nice and easy today.

Next, strict pressed the bar for like 10 then hit 95 for 3 sets of 8 or so. Again, kind of stupid but moved no problem really.
Hahaha holy shit awesome picture

So, that's that. I'm very excited for tomorrow. I think I will break some PR's for sure. BUT, I need to remember that no matter what happens tomorrow, I have been kicking ass lately. If tomorrow sucks, I need to take a look at my "peaking" for these meets, but I know for sure that my training is working. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment