Monday, July 16, 2012

The suffering

Today was possibly the most horrible day in the history of the horror. I'm writing this now, as fast as I can, so that I might forget about what just happened. 

Started with 5/3/1 squats. Form felt good, but I didn't feel particularly strong. Hit 235 x 3, 265 x 3, then 295 for 6. Part of the problem was that I wore a shitty shirt today, and the bar was all slippery and shitty on my back. I think part of it was also that it was a horrible day as well. Either way, 6 isn't bad - I need to be careful on depth though. I think I might be calling them a little high, even though I feel nice and low. 

Next were speed deads. 10 x 2 at 245 from 3 or so inch deficit. The first 5 or 6 sets were nice, pretty fast, started to slow down and get a lot harder towards the end. Overall not bad though. 

5 x 10 squats were awful. I was exhausted and just suffered through these. Sad thing is, I don't even know how many of them were to depth - like I said, I think I really need to start being very conscious of going WAY low. But these were incredibly painful and horrible to do. 

Finally, did some hollow rocks. 

Overall, this was mentally one of the hardest days I have had in a long time. I am incredibly happy that I have just one more monday workout left before my break. I hope I feel better tomorrow, because another day like this would be awful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment