Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Rebirth

Today was a good day. This week has been a time of rising from the ashes.



Started with 5/3/1 bench. Worked up, hit 165 x 5, 185 x 3, then 210 for an easy 1, fast and beautiful. Went for a second rep but couldn't quite get it. 210 is my old pr though, and I crushed it, much easier than the last time I hit that weight, so that is good.

Next was 5 x 10 bench. Loaded up 155, took my time between sets, and made it through all 5 sets of 10 without a single failed rep.



Next were kroc rows, did one set of 30 each side with the 90 lb dumbell + a big ass chain.

Next, I hit overhead press. Worked up to 135, and hit it for 7 paused reps. This is a new PR at that weight (which is kind of funny, considering 6 was a new pr on friday). Plus they were paused reps - just goes to show that my 5/3/1 press work on fridays isn't really letting me express my press strength. No worries though. I'm getting stronger, that is what matters. I then dropped back, hitting 7 reps at 125, and then 10 reps at 115, al paused.

Finally, did a 5 x 5 of pullups, dead hang, with the straps.

Although I would have loved more than 1 rep at 210, crushing my old PR is satisfactory, and pretty much ALL the other work I did today was awesome. I survived last week and I'm stronger because of it. Gonna go enjoy my 3 hour cheat, heal up, and enjoy my rest/arms day tomorrow. 2 more workouts.  Then the healing. Then the FEATS OF STRENGTH. Then the true rebirth.

Also... BANE BACK

No comments:

Post a Comment