Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Bad Bad bad bad BAD

Today, I was crumbling like a burnt english muffin. 



Started with 5/3/1 bench. Form felt pretty good, strength felt okay. Warmed up, then hit 155 x 3, 175 x 3, then loaded up 200. Even though I hit it for 3 a couple cycles ago (on 1 week), I could only hit it for 2 today, missing on the third rep. It was pretty sad. I was planning on re-setting my 5/3/1 bench anyways, after this final cycle, but I really thought I could get through the whole cycle without failing. 

Next was 5 x 10 bench, and I decided to try and push this the best I could. Went to 155 and hit it for 10, then 9 (failing rep 10) then 9 again, then 5 - got an ass cramp, but jumped right back on and hit it for 4 more, then 8 on the final set. 



Did Kroc rows next. Couldn't find the 110 so I used the 90, and rowed it for 50 reps each side. 

Next was overhead pressing, which actually went very well. Worked up to 145 for 5 sets of 1, and repped it out for 3 on the 5th set. 

Finally, did a pyramid of strict pullups. Went 1-2-3-4-5-5-4-3-2-1, for a total of 30 reps. 


SO, I'm slowly dying. This is my 11th week on and I think I just need a rest and I need to change up my program. But it's alright. All I have to do is survive the next week and a half: don't do anything stupid and get injured, and don't be too sad because of how horrible my workouts will be. And who knows, maybe my cheat today will help bring some life to my workout thursday. Either way, I just have to hold on, keep working hard even though I probably won't feel good or see results, and then make the most out of my rest week + look forward to my new and improved programming once I get back to working.  

No comments:

Post a Comment