Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Arms and updates

Easy day today.

Here's the update on my back: it's alright. Not completely better, but it's not "injured" really. It's just very stiff in the mornings, and loosens up over the course of the day. I need to be very careful not to REALLY injure it over the course of my next 6 workouts before break, but I think I'll be alright as long as I'm careful.

So I went into the gym today. warmed up, did some weightlifter cardio - jumped on the rower and did 10 hard pulls, 10 easy pulls for 5 rounds. Then I rolled for a while, did some bicep stuff - standing curls with the 25's and 21's with the straight bar (I almost never do straight bar bicep stuff, but it didn't bug my elbows at all today). Then I stretched more and rolled my back with the lacrosse ball. I have some nasty knots.



Anyways, my hope is that moving extra today, plus the cheat meal yesterday, might save my workout tomorrow and maybe even friday. Who knows. Either way I just have to push on and BE CAREFUL.

ALSO, been spending some time fine tuning the new program. I'll pus the entire thing up once I solidify it, but I've made some cool changes, especially adding some paused stuff for bench and squat to help my explosion out of the bottom and to really emphasize form. I'm excited to move into the next phase of my lifting life. Just got to survive the end of this phase first...

No comments:

Post a Comment