Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Animal

Today the animal came out. and He helped me wreck some weight.


Started with heavy single squat. Worked up a little differently today, hitting 135 for 3 x 5, 225 for 2 sets of 3 and a single, then 275 for 3 singles. Then 305, which shot up. 320 which was solid. 335 which was a little sloppy (one side rose a lot faster than the other) but I got it. Then, I loaded up 345. I went crazy for this weight, I rested at least 3-5 minutes but I was fucking pumped, and when I finally hit it I crushed it. It was a hard single, DEFINITELY a max, but the rep was beautiful, and I fought hard through the sticking point. Pumped about this. Ten lb pr. And getting ever closer to that 365 that is a long-time goal.


Next I dropped back. Went to 135 and hit it for a set of 5 and then 3, to get my form back, but form felt REALLY good today and so did strength. Hit 225 for 3, then 255, then 285, and I knew it was time. Loaded up 315 and nailed it for three. Hard reps, but very solid. This is great. Im very ready to attack this weight two mondays from now, when I'm fresh. I just have to be as aggressive as I was today.

Next, I did some good mornings, which were also very good. hit 5 at 135, 5 at 185, then 5 x 5 at 225, before dropping back to 185 x 10 and 135 x 15. Powerful.

Finally, hit 3 sets of hanging leg raises. these were hard and a little sloppy today, but I did my best to get my abs tired, and honestly I can't complain too much or be too surprised after the volume of work I had just done.


Strong day. Squat keeps growing growing growing. Gotta keep pushing myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment