Monday, July 9, 2012

Power Day

Today was a day of power.



Started with 5/3/1 squat. After hitting the 300 for 8 last week, I decided to focus as much as I could on form on my 5 and 3 weeks and not worry about pushing myself too - just make every rep beautiful and do as many as I can. warmed up with 135 and 185, then hit 215 for 5, 245 for 5. Loaded up 275, tried to crush my nerves, and hit it for as many beautiful reps as I could - and got 12. They were all very nice, and that is still a 2 rep pr. Fuckin awesome.

Next were speed deads. These were at 225 today, from probably a 3 - 3.5 inch deficit, and they were candy. Moved really fast, even though the bar was almost touching my feet hahaha. 12 sets on the minute were not bad at all.



Next was 5 x 10 squat. Today was the culmination of 8 months - I started these at 135, with the mindset of "If I could get this 5 x 10 up to 205, that would be AMAZING." And today I did just that - 5 sets of 10 reps at 205, all very nice reps. I'm psyched. And I'm ready for a change. It will be nice to change this to a 5 x 5 in the next program, I could use a break from this volume.

Finally, ended with 3 sets to failure of hollow rocks.

SO, today I hit my 1-rep at the start of this program (275) for a set of 12. And reached my once far-away goal of squatting 205 for 5 sets of 10. My form feels better than ever, and I haven't had a rest week in three months. Things are looking good. Just gotta keep fighting till the end of this cycle.



Always stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment