Saturday, July 14, 2012

Squatty squat

Nothing special today. Back felt a little stiff this morning, but I really think that the work I did yesterday helped. I went in, stretched a bit, and then decided to squat a little bit. Instead of doing my normal heavy single, though, I was fooling around with high bar. It's very different, but it felt pretty good. I worked up to 275 for 2 singles, which were solid, but my depth was a little questionable. I think I need to try and incorporate heavy high bar squats more. I think that they take a ton of focus and control, and that getting my high bar squat up would have some direct carryover to my normal squat.



Anyways, I think it was an especially good idea for today. It let me lift kind of heavy, strain a bit, but without loading up TOO heavy. My back feels pretty goof, so hopefully it is on the road to recovery, and monday will be good as new.

No comments:

Post a Comment