Thursday, July 19, 2012

Big Jump Squats

Today was a little different. I played around with big jumps, rather than warming up quite so much, for two reasons: one, I knew today might be far worse than a normal workout, so why not play around with some stuff, and two, I figured the less volume I included, the better I can recover.



Started with max squat. Went 135 x 10, then 225 x 5, then 315 x 1, 335 x 1, and missed at 345. My form was a little off on that one, I got caught forward and had to dump it. Still, the 335 was solid.

Next was heavy triple squat. did 135 x 5 and then x 3, then 225 x 3 and finally 315 x 3.

Finally, did front squats. 160 x 5, 180 x 3, 200 x 4, missed on the 5th rep. The first 3 were nice, the 4th was  a little sloppy, tried to tighten up form on 5 but then I missed it. Then I did 3 more singles at that weight.

Ended with 3 sets of hanging leg raises.

Overall, A good workout. Pretty good, especially for playing with the big jumps. Gotta surviveee the next few workouts. Then it's resty rest time.

No comments:

Post a Comment