Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Tuesday bench

Really good day today. Started off feeling a little tight and weak and the weights were feeling heavy, but I got into the swing of things and ended up performing very well.



Decided to do sets of 4 today, so I could work up to some heavier weight. Started with 95, then 135, 165, all of which felt not great. But then 185 felt a little better, and 205 was solid, so I took the jump to 225, and ended up hitting it for a really hard 4! Pretty good shit, considering I hit it for a tough 2 just the other day. Because I made all 4, I took one more jump, to 240. Would have liked to have doubled it, but a single was hard enough. After, dropped back to 205 and hit it for 3 sets of 4.

Then, hit my arms. Did a rest-pause type workout where I only rested very little between sets of each exercise - I counted how many breaths I took, and rested for the same number of breaths as reps in the sets I was doing. So, for example, 10 reps - 10 breaths - 10 reps - etc. Did 5 x 10 close grip tricep bench with 95 lbs, then did 4 x 12 bicep curls with 20's and some lateral raises, 5 x 5 but with a rep out on the last set cause the first few weren't hard enough.

Making bench gainz, slowly but surely. Lets keep at it.


No comments:

Post a Comment