Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Bench Bro Cycle

Okay, gonna keep this as short as possible:

SO, lately I have been having some lower back trouble. It has been bothering me pretty much every workout for the past month or so, and I think it is simply tired out, overworked, and a weak point right now. FURTHERMORE, something is very wrong with my form on squat. It is NOT the same squat that I was feeling AMAZING with a month or more ago - form has eroded and I am now getting caught forward and loading my back really bad, not using my quads or keeping my chest up. Because of this combination of things, my back was feeling especially bad during my workout today, and I think it is time for some drastic action. So, this is what I am going to do: The plan is to stop squatting for 4 weeks, to let my back heal completely, and then rebuild from semi-scratch to get to a greater level of strength, with much more ideal form. In those 4 weeks, I am going to try and experiment, and live like a bench bro - bench press 4 days a week, in addition to a ton or core work, back work, arm work, and cardio. The goals are as follows 1) Heal my back 2) Address my bench weakness head on and try to make some serious gains 3) Lose some fat / make my upper body look awesome. Should be fun, and hopefully productive and the right decision in the long run.

The rough plan is as follows: Only feet up bench, to fully rest my back. Probably going to do

Monday: Bench, back, core
tues: Bench, arms core
wed rest/cardio
Thurs: bench back core
fri: Bench arms core.

Should be fun, and I BETTER make some solid fucking bench gains haha.

And, if I like it, when I come back in 4 weeks maybe I will simply bench/squat every single workout. We will see.

Anyways, here is how today bench workout went: Bench 225 x 3, 230 x 3. 235 x 3, 240 x 3, 245 x 2, 1. Then feet up bench, moving up in sets of 3: 135, 145, 155, 165, 175, 185, 195, 205, 215, and finally 225 x 2. Then, 25 x 4 rows, and finally 3 x 15 dumbell bench with 50 lb bells.

Long journey ahead. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment