Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Bench 245 x 2 x 2 among other things

Had a pretty good day today. Got a lot of work in, although I have to say I don;t feel like I worked as hard as I did haha. It feels like the emotional curve of the workout it just ruined because of how much work I am doing haha, so I end the workout without feeling accomplished at all, despite how much I am doing.



Started with bench, touch n go, sets of 10 going up with 25 lb plates. Got warm, then hit the bar, 95 x 10, 145 x 10, 195 x 10, and finally 245 x 2, failed the third. Rested for a bit, then dropped back and again hit 95 x 10, 145 x 10, 195 x 10, and finally 245 x 2. Second rep was really hard, but I ground it out. Honestly, wish I could have gotten more reps at 245, but considering 1) how much other work I did, and 2) the huge jump I made to heavy weight, knowing that I really need to work on my confidence at heavier weights, not be making huge jumps haha. That being said, I'm pretty sure sets of 2 ties my PR at that weight, and that's after a lot of work, including multiple sets of 10 at 195, which were easy: at least on or two reps in the tank on both sets.

After that, dropped back to 195 and worked up in sets of 5, hitting 195, 200, 205, 210, and then finally 215 x 4. Not bad after everything.

Dropped back to 145 and did some CGFUBP. Without much rest, hit it for 10, 8, 6, then did one final rest/pause set where I hit 4/3/2/1.

Next, did 3 sets of 9 banded pullups.

Finally, did a big ass superset of band rows and 25 lb dumbell bench, 5 sets of 20. Nothing crazy hard, just trying to put some blood in the muscles and get some extra pulling/pushing volume in.

So, feeling a little bit tired of this style of training haha. It feels a bit aimless, I'm not really hitting Pr's and stuff. But I am getting a TON of volume in, I feel athletic, I look like I've lost some fat, and I am enjoying other aspects of my life a lot. Still, I do look forward to cracking down a little bit, working with heavy weights next week and hopefully smashing some serious PR's! Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment