Monday, January 20, 2014

Heavy squat - 405 x 1

Today was a rough day. There are a lot of reasons for it - largest among them the fact that I was drinking last night, that it was my first workout back at school, that all the driving/moving in has taken it's toll, AND that I worked out at a weird time today, after being READY to work out at 11 and then having to wait another 3 hours. Still a little disgruntled that it wasn't a better day, but I think it wasn't too bad, and hopefully next week will go really well.



Started with heavy squats. I was feeling alright, lower back was a little tight and feeling shitty, and for some reason weight felt REALLY heavy today. Warmed up, then hit the bar x 5, 135 x 5, 225 x 3, 315 x 1, then hit 365 x 1 with a loose belt, and then jumped to 405 and hit it for a REALLY hard single. I was a little loose and forward and it was really horrible. I wanted to hit 405 for a few sets of 2-3, and maybe even work up a little bit, but it simply wasn't happening. So I dropped back, hit 365 x 2, then 385 for a really hard double as well. Then tried 405 again and failed it. Again, technique was just a little off, I was forward and having a really hard time. Dropped back once more and hit 365 again for a solid single, then finally 385 again for a really hard rep. Called it there. Wasn't as strong as I wanted, not was technique as good as I wanted - but the point of this workout was to go up to heavy weights and hit them, over and over again, to adjust to heavy weight on my back and make technique tweaks, etc. And I hit a bunch of reps at 85 %, 90%, and a single at 95% so it wasn't really a bad day. I just hope that when I come back next week I have a good day and I can PR.

Next, pause squats. Again, took these heavy, although I was feeling like shit. Hit 135 x 3, 185 x 2, 225, 275, 315, then finally 335. It wasn't super hard, but I called it there.

Finally, stiff leg deads - 165 x 10, 245 x 10, 165 x 15.

So, okay day. Hopefully better days to come. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment