Monday, January 6, 2014

So many squats: 315 x 11 (for starters)

Great day today. Just straightforward, hard as fuck training that felt awesome, I performed well and I had a ton of fun. 

Started with squats, unbelted and sleeveless: sets of 10. Hit the bar, then 225, then 315 which I was nervous for but I CRUSHED. It was so easy that I decided to go up. Loaded 365 and hit it for a set of 3. Honestly, I was thinking I would hit 365 for like 5, based on how the 315 felt but hey, a triple at 365 belt less and sleeveless and after those sets of 10 ain't bad. Dropped back to 135, rested about 15 mins and then again hit it for 10, 225 x 10, then 315 x 11 which is an all time pr, even in a belt. Really happy with all that work! 

Next, did paused squats, sets of 5. Hit the bar, 95, 135, 185, 225, 275, and then 315 x 4, which was a pr! Would have liked 5, but 4 isn't bad after everything I had already done haha. 

Finally, did some deadlift work. I decided to do some "damage control" work, aka stiff leg Romanian deads. My thinking on these is that I failed my 515 deadlift above the knees, simply because I was in a bad position at the start with my hips too high. Obviously the best solution to this problem is to start in a better position.... But I think I can also finish those less than perfect reps if I do some extra training for my lockouts and glutes, especially in a position with high hips or the bar out in front a little bit. So, straight leg rdls - 10 at 135, 185, 225, then back down to 135 for a finisher set of 12. 

Needless to say I was destroyed by the end of this workout. But I feel great. I feel like THIS is the way I need to be training to get stronger and bigger and healthier. I'm so excited to just keep smashing shit these next two weeks. Lets keep at it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment