Sunday, January 26, 2014

Sunday Bench

Decided to bench a day early today, because I am going to have a crazy day tomorrow. It went pretty well - although I am starting to get some serious tightness and it feels like my pecs want to explode haha. But I think it's nothing serious - just adjustment to the new bench frequency.



Started with sets of 8, feet up and paused. Hit 95, 135, 175, then jumped straight to 205 because I was feeling strong. I thought I could crush it for 8, and was feeling REALLY strong up through 7 - then lost it on the 8th rep. I tried SO hard to lock it out, and just did't have it. Made me really mad. Dropped back to 175 and hit it for 3 sets of 8, easy, despite the pec tightness. Really wish I got that 205 x 8 and could have gone up, but alas, next time.

Anyways, finished up with some back work. 3 sets of 20 t-bar rows, 3 sets of 12 rear delt flyes, and then 3 sets of 16 lat pulldowns.

Feeling alright. Gonna keep hitting it. I know it is a lofty goal, but I REALLY want to bench 315 soon. I'm going to try and just believe and work hard haha. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment