Friday, January 10, 2014

Paused bench 225 x 5, 4

Good day today. Rough because of some emotional and personal issues, but I worked through them.


Started with paused bench. Warmed up, then got to work. Hit the bar for 8, then 95 x 8, 135 x 8, 185 x 8, and finally 225 x 5. Felt pretty bad warming up honestly, but 225 was actually very strong, although perhaps a little less tight than I might have ideally wanted. I dropped back to 95 and again hit it for 8, then 135 x 8, then 185 x 8, and finally 225 x 4. It was a tough 4, but I tried a 5th and failed pretty bad. Still, 5 and then 4 paused with that kind of overall volume isn't bad.

Next, did paused feet up bench. Normally, I use a close grip when doing this, but today I decided to use my normal grip. It actually felt really good, very tough on the chest. I hit the bar x 8, 95 x 8, 135 x 8, then 185 for a tough 6. Dropped back to 135 and hit it for one final hard set of 11.

Next, band pulls for back work. I didn't have pullups in me today, I know it's an excuse but I had to cut myself a little slack. So I did 2 round of 25 band rows, and then 20 band pulldowns (like a lat pulldown only with the band loops over a pullup bar). Blew up my back pretty well.

Finally, grabbed some dumbells and did one big ass, really hard set for: curls, pec flies, lat raises, and then close grip incline pushups to hit the triceps. I was blown up by the end of this.

So, overall good day. A little tough, as I said, because my head and my emotions were all over the place. However, I tried to keep the focus on just hitting a lot of reps benching, pushing myself, and keeping the volume high on my assistance work, getting a nice pump all over.

I  will be going through some life changes these next few weeks I think. I might have more than a few workouts shaped by my emotions. However, training is a part of my life that will always help me keep balanced, help me deal with problems, and keep me moving forward. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment