Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Burpees

Did some light cardio today with burpees - 5 every minute on the minute for 20 minutes. It was pretty low intensity - 5 burpees obviously isn't many. But it was enough to keep my hear rate elevated for a full 20 mins, which is the goal. Plus, I was moving my body through a pretty wide range of motion, using my legs, core, upper body, back, etc. It felt good!


I am really very sore from the first couple days this week. I'm hoping the burpees maybe flushed out some of the soreness, and they don't just make it worse haha. But either way, I'm excited to train tomorrow and friday. I have been thinking a lot today about things - what defines a good lifter and what separates him or her from a bad lifter, or a great lifter. I know I have the tools to become great. I just need time, and hard work. But before long people will start to see that I am truly on the way to greatness. I will be able to look at all the people who think they are better than they are, people who have looked down in me for years and thought they were better than me, and tell them what I have done, that not only am I better than them but that I started off SO far behind them. I want people to know that they need to train harder, to train smarter. I want people to see me towering over them, and remember way back when they gave me no respect as a young lifter because I was so small and weak. And I want them to know that I surpassed them in every way because they don't work hard enough, they don't care enough, they don't know enough. There are a lot of people ruled by their egos, and slowly but surely I am going to shatter their worlds. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment