Monday, January 13, 2014

Squat 365 x 3

Today was a very rough day training. However, I tried to make up for the days shittiness by just working my ass off. Feeling very tired, but like I made the best out of a bad day.


Not sure exactly why I was off today. I just know that 1) form and strength were just way shittier, which might have to do with me not eating as well as I could have this weekend, not really stretching, and perhaps just the extra work I have been doing - hiking, etc. I felt really healed up, but just not strong, mobile or fast haha. Also, yesterday was a very emotionally and intellectually draining day for me, and I think that took a toll on my focus because I had a REALLY hard time focusing up this workout. Anyways, warmed up and hit 95 x 8, 185 x 8, 275 x 8, all of which felt heavy and shitty. Jumped straight to 365, however, focused up and hit it for a set of 3. That was slow and hard, but by far the best set yet. Dropped back, then hit again 95 x 8, 185 x 8, 275 x 8, and again they were all pretty shitty. Loaded up 365 again and hit it for a solid and good, but also extremely hard set of 2. I definitely wanted to hit more volume - maybe 2 sets of 4 or 5 - at 365. But for a day that was literally TERRIBLE, and considering that it's beltless and sleveless and all the volume I did leading up to it, I'm not too bummed out. I did, however, feel like I needed to make up for the lost volume at heavier weight, so I decided to do a sort of drop set after the 365. I rested a bit between sets, but after the 365 x 2 I then hit 275 x 8 again, followed by 185 x 8 and then 95 x 8. So overall, a ton of squats and a couple good, hard, heavy reps.

Next, pause squats. These were hard cause my legs were pretty shot and my back skin was torn up, but I tried to push myself. Squatted 3's - hit 95, 135, 185, 225, 275, and then finally hit 315 x 2 and called it a day. I was hoping to go for like 335 x 3, but that was asking a lot after everything I had already done.

Finally, did a slew of stiff legged deadlifts, all double overhand. Hit 135 x 10, 225 x 10, 135 x 10, then 185 x 2 sets of 10 to finish up.

Overall, lots of volume and hard work. Wasn't a great day performance wise, but that is exactly what happened last time I did this two week ass kicking thing too. Hopefully the hard work will pay off despite the shitty day, and next monday I will feel great moving some heavy weight with my belt and sleeves. Lets keep at it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment